- To foster interest in the building, design, restoration and operation of light aircraft for non-commercial activities.
- To encourage Members to construct, maintain and operate sport, vintage, ultralight, experimental and amateur built aircraft.
- To maintain and develop the facilities at Serpentine Airfield.
- To encourage Club support of appropriate national sport aviation bodies which aim to support amateur built and sport aircraft.
- To own and operate Club aircraft when appropriate.
- To inform and educate Members about technical or other matters pertaining to constructing, maintaining or operating light aircraft for non-commercial activity.
- To provide a venue for social activities involving Members, their families and guests.
- To encourage interaction between Members and members of other special interest groups.
- To provide a venue for charitable functions.
- To encourage and foster an interest in aviation among the broader community.
- To foster good relations with owners and occupiers of neighbouring properties by establishing suitable guidelines for the operation of aircraft at Serpentine Airfield.